POW! Kids offers several theme options for your childs birthday. It is an a la carte program. The fee for a birthday party is $199.00 for 2 hours of activities led by one of our staff. It includes the use of the space for the party, as well as the tables and chairs for the snack, meal or cake portion of your child’s party. The two hour period of time includes activities that we create to match the theme you have chosen. We do not provide the food, beverages or decorations. You will receive one staff person to facilitate the party for up to 10 children. Some of the themes have an additional fee, but we have clearly noted this below. You will also find a list of ‘ADD ON’ options. If you do not see a theme we can also work with you to create something specific to suit your child’s personality and interests.
Our birthday party packages have lots of perks! For $199.
- We provide set up and clean up.
- We provide the entertainment and activities for the kids.
- We provide numerous themes for you to choose from, as well as the option to to make your own.
- We are able to accommodate your kids interests.
- We discuss with the parent options for games that will best suit your child’s personality.
- We provide cups and plates (standard, recyclable, not-themed).
Packages do not include:
Decorations, balloons, gift bags, food, cake, themed paper goods, beverages, themed flatware.
However, we have partnered up with Sweet Ride to provide cupcakes and other sweets. Click here for more details.
ADD ONS Include:
Facepainting, clowns, ballons, gift bags, yoga instructor, photography, arrange for catering [i.e. Pompeii (pastas/pizza/salads), Wishbone (mac and cheese, salmon cakes, hamburgers) or Mama Lou's (southern cooking)].
MORE THAN 10 KIDS? As your party increases in size, we add more instructors. Because are parties are programming driven, they require staffing to keep the children involved in the curriculum we create. Our parties are NOT open plays. We do not allow the children to simply just play on their own. They are involved in a class, lead by a trained teachers. These classes are theme based. Our birthday party curriculum is extracted from many of our existing course like Superhero Training, Makebelieve, Athletic Play. Our birthday parties are special in that the children are involved together in a class that relies on social interaction, directed exercises, didactic lesson plans, as well as physical activity.
- +$75 for 11-15 Kids
- +$120 for 16-20 Kids
- +$175 for 21-25 Kids
- +$225 for 26-30 Kids
- +$25.00 for staying more than 30 minutes past your 2 hour booking
Available Time Slots:
Saturday at 3:00pm to 5:00pm or 4:0pm to 6:o0pm
Sundays at 1:30pm to 3:30pm, 2:00pm to 4:00pm or 4:00pm to 6:00pm
We can adjust these if requested and if other events are not booked on the same day.
Ask the Owner, Common FAQs:
1. Where are the birthday parties held? We are a martial arts school. Our parties are held on the training floor which is matted.
2. Where do the kids eat? The children eat in the boxing ring. The ring become the kid’s hideout and is incorporated into their mission of training for the day. This becomes the perfect place for them to re-fuel their body. Also, it is ideal for clean-up and containment. The parents then hand the food, pizza, snacks or cake to the children while they sit with their instructor in the ring. Often while awaiting their meal, the children are being told fabulous stories about being super ot how to become stronger.
3. Where should we park? There is a lot of street parking in the neighborhood. If you are having your party on a Saturday afternoon, you will probably have better luck finding ample street parking than on a Sunday afternoon. Because we are kiddie corner to the Wishbone Restaurant, parking during the peak brunch hour is harder. However, most of our parties are in the late afternoon so it is less of a problem. The meter boxes are only 2 hours long. If you are not comfortable parking on the street or have guests that prefer to avoid the meter boxes, our customers may valet park at Wishbone for $5.00.
4. How do I take advantage of $5.00 valet parking? Please pull up in front of Wishbone. Grab a valet ticket. When you come into POW, ask your host to stamp or validate it soo you get a reduced parking rate. They will stamp it. Hand it to the valet when you are leaving and they will pull your car up. Please be kind to our valets, we suggest tipping them.
5. What type of kitchen utensils do I need to bring? We have knifes and servers for your cake. We also have generic serving platters and plates you can use. We have plain table clothes, plates, cups and napkins if decide not bring your own themed items. We ask that you let us know so we can have everything pulled out when you arrive. We also have microwave if you decide to make your own food. If you would like this brought into the party area, let us know so we can set it up for you ahead of time.
6. Can we take photos? Of course- we insist, because your kids are going to look so cute! Our instructors are great at coordinating group photos between the last activity and snack/food time. It is best to let the instructor or host know that you would like to get an organized photo. They will give you a heads up so you can prepare your camera and get the best shot. Otherwise, please feel free to take photos of your kids while they are taking their class.
6. Can I refrigerate food? We have a cooler we use for our beverage sales. Let us know and we are happy to clear space for your items.
7. How do I pay for the party? At the time of booking, you will send us your contract and we will require a $100.00 deposit. Then we will run the remaining amount on the Friday of the weekend of your event. The total balance due will be charged to your credit card on file. If you are not going to pay for your party with a credit card, let us know so you can bring cash directly into the office. If there are additional charges due to a party running late, it will be charged with the credit card on file.
8. How many parties do you offer a month? We book no more than 2 parties each weekend.
9. Can you order food from anywhere you want or can we cater it ourself? Yes, you are welcome to bring food from anywhere. You can also bring in your own beverages. We are happy to help facilitate a menu for your guests from Wishbone and Sweet Ride, but you are not obligated to use these vendors.
10. What does the space look like? Take a look.